Monday, August 3, 2009

Viva La Revolution

It's August now. Another short summer.

Interesting things afoot. I was just contacted by an old friend from Grammar School regarding a 20(ish, we passed it a bit ago) year reunion. The reunion itself is no big deal. I'm comfortable enough with my life, wife, money and status that it's not very stressful to me. What is much more fascinating to me is how they came to find me.

Facebook. Which I am most definitely not on.

Friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of my sister, who obviously knows my info.

Listen... I'm not hiding from anyone. As a matter of fact, the girl who originally wanted to find me grew up a block from my house now. The girl who finally found my sister...I saw her mom 2 weeks ago.

I'm back home everyone!!! If you can't find me, it's your own damn fault. I'm a believer in the fact that I kept in contact with everyone that mattered to me. If you don't have my info, it's probably for a reason.

Now I'm forced to decide whether or not to continue the blissful ignorance of a facebook free lifestyle, or sign up and be inundated with useless knowledge of people's whereabouts.

Here's Grace at her Ballet recital. It's cute and disturbing at the same time.


Here's Jack in his native environment.

No comments: