Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Suspension of Disbelief

For everyone who is clamoring for a resolution to the Facebook conundrum, here's what happened...

I actually signed up an account, went to my 20th reunion Facebook page, took the details and left. Never to return. I've since gotten 150 friend requests that I've ignored. Not because I don't like anyone, but because I don't like Facebook. I just don't have the time.

But, something interesting did come out of this. I reconnected with a person from Way Back. A girl. A first love, or at least first crush.

I was apprehensive to resume contact to say the least. To be completely honest, all of my happiness and successes have been a direct result of meeting my wife, so I'm not interested in anything that would jeopardize that. But, the impact of a girl from your past telling you that you're her greatest mistake is great for the ego.

My wife, of course, it totally cool with the whole thing. She busts my balls everyday anyway, so this is just fuel to the fire. It's why I love her.

So...to go to the reunion or not, that is the question.

On one hand, I loved my 10 year reunion. But we were all young and willing to party. And party we did. It was...interesting to say the least. It was like Less than Zero, and I was Robert Downey Jr.

Now, the plan is to go to Mass(catholic school reunion) and a possible picnic with kids and spouses. Not exactly my ideal weekend. In fact, it sounds like a snoozer.



2 comments:

Hixx said...

I say don't go, I thought mine would be fun and I had a great time hanging out with my friends who I would have hung out with anyway.

The rest of it was just staring blankly at people I didn't know and didn't want to talk to anyway.

So there.

That pic of Grace is indeed disturbing and cute.

BigHig said...

That's Jack...